1.19 Setting up a custom form
The custom form lets you create your own form to collect information from your site visitors. This form can include the following custom fields:
- Single line field - Just a single line of text. Ideal for collecting a name or email address.
- Multi line field - This is a larger text field, suitable for paragraphs of text. This is useful for longer questions or requests.
- Checkbox - Record multiple selections from a list of options.
- Radio button - Record a single selection from a list of options.
- Drop down - Record a single selection from a list of options. Useful for offering a list of options whilst also conserving space.
Each custom form has a limit of 10 fields; 9 custom fields and 1 email address field
How to make a simple question form
- Click Add content
- Scroll to the Custom form and drag it onto your site
- Click on the form to open the settings panel. Here you can add an email subject, change the button text and add the email address where form submissions will be sent.
The return email address field is enabled on the custom form by default, but you can disable it via the settings panel if needed.
- Click Add custom field
- Add some field text to describe what information you are collecting.
- Add the type of field you want to use. In this example, we want to be able to capture more than one line of text so that customers can send a long question or query.
- Click Add
You will be returned to the main settings panel. From here, you can edit the field you just created by clicking on the appropriate custom field button near the bottom of the settings panel.
For longer forms, you can add another custom field using the Add custom field button at the bottom of the settings panel, up to a maximum of 10 fields per form.
Click Save to close the settings panel.
Once the form has been saved, the completed form will be shown on your site. The custom form from this example is shown below.
|100.19||JM||20th February 2017|
Updated about 6 years ago